Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Intros

I have blogged quietly nearly every day for over six years now and finally have decided to blog out loud! I say this because, as many military families do, I began a blog to tie our family closer to us. I realized not long after my husbands first training assignment nearly 10 years ago that we would never again be in close proximity to family. I grew up in the same town from infancy to graduation... my eldest daughter of 7 has lived in 5 states since birth. The blogging world has been of awesome importance to us not only allowing our family to stay connected but often keeping Daddy connected to us as well. I couldn't be more passionate about it's existence! It's the letters home, the contact craved during a long deployment... it's the scrapbook of our life.

As our children are getting older I'm finding an ever growing number of reasons to blog and that is why I am here starting this anew. I hope to write about our life, our trials, and craziness as well as our faith and inspiration. The military life I have come to know is a world apart from the normalcy I grew up in and so naturally seemed the subject to draw upon. If I had not married into the service I would most definitely not be the woman I am today. It is truly amazing and empowering to be the wife of a serviceman. Yes, I really said that... At the end of a journey no matter how hard you've stomped your feet at another move, or cried at the realization of another deployment, or cursed as you are the only one there to lead your life while the other half is overseas you realize you've made it. You've made it and you are stronger than you ever imagined.

Our children are so unbelievably strong as well. Our children are the reason I strive to be the best version of me possible. I know that is true for all parents but there seem to be so many issues to tackle as military moms in this day in age. Explaining a war, death, amputees, why all Daddy's don't go away and even why doesn't everyone "believe in the flag"  make you strive a touch harder. Our life is just different. Depression at age 5 doesn't seem so far fetched. We deal though... life goes on and our children grow up beautifully. I am hoping to navigate my thoughts on here as my children grow through these times.

I know I've certainly been inspired and informed by others on this great web and I truly hope to do the same... even if just once. So here is to this blog and this first post. It's nearly midnight, I have two beautiful angels asleep in their room, a great dog snoring on our couch and a husband half a world away for some 7 months now... this is our life. I hope you'll check it out from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment